
TJ had his 43rd birthday on December 29, but he was so sick that day that we didn't really celebrate until quite a bit later. Since I have known TJ, he has made it clear that his favorite dessert in the whole world is the carrot cake made by his sister-in-law Bev, followed closely by Tiramisu and ice cream! Bev was very generous in sharing her recipe with me so that I could try to duplicate the cake for TJ's birthday. He claims that it was a success, but I was a first time carrot cake baker, so I know that there is quite a bit of room for improvement. Anyway, TJ is feeling much better, the cake was delicious if not very pretty, he received some great gifts (if I do say so myself), and we did not set anything on fire even though the cake looks like it might burst into flames at any moment in the picture! A few comments about the photo. The painting above TJ's head was done by my Grandpa Ruffatto and was given to us as a wedding gift. We love it. Do you see the lovely cardboard over TJ's left shoulder? This is how our apartment looks. We moved in knowing full well that we would be packing up and moving everything back across the country in just one year. Because we are trying not to waste and because we don't want to have to go find all new boxes next summer, we have broken down boxes behind almost every piece of furniture. It is so tacky chic!! It reminds me everyday that we will be headed home soon! Happy Birthday TJ. May it be a year filled with great joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment