CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Moving Day!

So, we are moving back home on Thursday--excited and sad at the same time, we are mostly not looking forward to packing the truck and driving across the country! We are lucky to be related to someone about every eight hours along the way, so we will be staying with and visiting family as we go! Our apartment was a bit crowded when we had everything put in its place. You can imagine what it looks like now that we have everything out of its place and in boxes. We have small paths to get from room to room. I was trying to heat my lunch in the microwave today and realized that we might be just a bit too tight. We have boxes piled up in front of the microwave, three or four boxes high. There is just enough room to open the microwave door almost half way. We have to tip our plates at a precarious angle to get them into the microwave (so, no soup as my sister helpfully pointed out this morning). It turns out that the trouble is greater after heating the food. Hot food slides better than cold food. I guess I knew this but hadn't really thought about it until this afternoon when I narrowly avoided disaster as my pasta slid quickly toward the floor. I was able to catch it this time but will have two more days of microwave adventures before it too is packed into our Uhaul!

No comments: