



Yesterday we celebrated our first anniversary!! We spent the day reminiscing about our wedding day: The music stands out in my mind as being so joyful both at the church and the reception. TJ says that he remembers most standing on the alter waiting for me to "get down the aisle." I have to admit that my brother and I were walking very slowly. We had to hurry the last few steps because the song was almost over! We also spent time yesterday remembering all that we have experienced in our first year: TWO moves across the country, trips to Tennessee, Arizona, Mackinaw Island, Mount Pleasant MI, Spokane WA, and all over Montana, job changes, TJ's senior project success, and many great times with friends and family. We have learned and grown so much this year and feel so blessed. To celebrate we drove about 15 miles north of our house to Whitefish, MT and then drove up to the Big Mountain ski resort. (Montana People--I know that they have changed the name to Whitefish Ski Resort or something like that, but as the popular bumper sticker in this area says, "It will always be Big Mountain to me"!) We rode the chair lift up to the top of the mountain and spent a few hours enjoying lunch at the Summit House on top and checking out the great view from all 360 degrees! We had a relaxing chair lift ride back down the mountain and then spent a little time in Whitefish before coming home. What a great way to remember our big day. Thank you to all of our friends and family for providing so much love and support for us as we have navigated the first year of marriage. We are so grateful to you all! Enjoy the photos of the view from the top of Big Mountain. The snow covered mountains are in Glacier Park. There were small patches of snow on Big Mountain as well. I thought that TJ might attack me with snow balls, but he just wanted the photo! I think that you can click on these photos if you would like to see a larger photo.
1 comment:
I remember this view. Frank and I went to Big Mountain the day before your wedding! It is so gorgeous where you live.
Post a Comment