

One of the things that I love about teaching in the International Baccalaureate Program is all of the excellent training that is offered for IB teachers. Our school is great about making sure that teachers are well trained and often send us to New Mexico for that training. I was lucky enough to get to spend a week at the United World College in Montezuma, NM this July where I worked on incorporating inquiry based learning strategies into my classroom. I had a fantastic presenter and a great group to work with and have come home with a notebook full of ideas that I hope to implement this year. We were almost at 7ooo feet, so the air was pretty thin but also cool. The photos above are of the main building, the castle, as they call it. The campus had been a monastery and a resort before becoming the school that it is now. The school is for juniors and seniors in high school and has students from all over the world. Our dorm attendants were from Botswana and Zimbabwe. I think that there are almost 100 countries represented--they had two students from Montana there last year as well. The students study in the IB program and have the opportunity to live in an international community on their high school campus. I wish that I could be there some time during the school year to see all of those students learning together. The photos below are of the beautiful dining hall and my roommates and I at breakfast on our last day together. I thoroughly enjoyed the week and was sorry to leave but so happy to be home with TJ again.


A trip highlight--We traveled into Santa Fe one afternoon where I was able to go to the Georgia O'Keefe museum. I loved every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment